Wednesday 18 May 2011

need to be more like this...

Subject and content:

In general and I really like this style of design and I feel like this is where my designs are heading.

These are really simple posters with really love use of typography and a little bit of imagery.

They are all quite simple and definitely NOT busy. I see a lot of white space and neutral colours

Most of these posters also only use conventional typefaces which
is also another thing that I really like.

I love the use of traditional typography in design ( re applying old school typography)





Really nice use of Italitised typography. The text doesnt stand out that much with a bold illustration/shape on the back ground but with the light blue coloured tab, the text and the colour really cools the poster down. It also hides some of the boldness of the shape behind.

Again...Italicised text! I don't choose them on purpose. must just be a subconscience ting. Also nice use of clean typeface ( looks like century gothic on avant garde, i can never tell the difference) on a grungy back ground

This also seem to come up in my designs and designs I like quite a bit....some of the time they can be a bit cliche and tacky but sometimes, when used effectively, grunge backgrounds and add a real quality to a piece of design. especially when everything else on that design is nice and clean.

So simply, but I just like the colour and the big ". the hand written type ( or signature) also works nicely with the helvetica


black on a grunge background when used well also wins me over. I'm not sure why. I also think that on this , because the designer has added the bright yellow tab behind the texts , its really helped the design stand out.


again, really nice clean type but this time with a contrast of a hand written type. I think this, with the illustration works really nicely centrally aligned . I like the bold heading at the top with quite intricate text below



I really really like this typeface and this is what kind of inspired me into using the type I have used in my poster designs. I like the sans serif tall condensed type and the nice italicised serif type which is in red. Its really nice contrast that works well i think.


No comments:

Post a Comment